Troops in Ho for national 66th Independence Day celebrations
4th March, 2023
SUBJECT: Press Release
RECIPIENT: All Media Houses
Dear Friends of the Media
RE: TROOPS DESCEND ON HO FOR NATIONAL 66TH INDEPENDENCE DAY CELEBRATIONS
The attention of the People’s Liberation Council (PLC) of Western Togoland has been drawn to a news item making rounds on traditional and Social Media platforms on the above subject matter which the PLC wishes to use your esteemed Media Outlets to react to as follows:
1. In the first place, the PLC wishes to strongly distance itself from the celebration of Ghana’s 66th Independence anniversary celebration as we still hold the stance that it is an ill informed decision tantamount to trespassing on Western Togoland territory.
2. The fact that the government of Ghana could deploy troops to the Volta region which is rightly a Western Togoland territory ahead of it’s independence day celebration suggests in itself that there is something terribly wrong somewhere.
3. Either the government of Ghana believes that the aggrieved citizens of Western Togoland may stage protests and go on the rampage as our intelligence seems to suggest or something is just not adding up.
4. The people of the Volta region and for that matter Western Togoland are a law abiding people going about their daily activities in peace and we do not need any such troops amongst us whatsoever.
5. The PLC wishes to state emphatically that what the government of Ghana is doing amounts to a travesty of Justice and an infringement on the rights and liberties of the people of Western Togoland. And any attempt by the government of Ghana to instill fear in the people of Western Togoland will not go down well with the people and the government of Ghana should have itself to blame should it’s actions and inactions degenerate into any chaos going forward.
Let us again be reminded that the UNION between Ghana and Western Togoland which should have been formed on the eve of Ghana’s independence in 1957, was never formed and Ghana has no business in Western Togoland.
THE VOICE OF THE PEOPLE; they say IS THE VOICE OF GOD.
Issued by: The Communications Bureau of the PLC of Western Togoland.